Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Credit Card Payed Me HOW MUCH?!?!? The Joys of a good Rewards Card!

If I look into my credit card statement right now it says that I have accumulated (in the past 6 months or so) 65,315 points. If I go into redeem points it gives me the option to cash out at $653! That means that in a year my credit card PAYS ME about $1300!!! How did I get this to happen? It's easier than you think! Let me show you. In this blog I will teach you the joy of a good rewards credit card and how to make sure you are making your money work for you!

Find a good rewards card!- This is the part where I get you to LOVE credit cards! :) If used correctly your credit card will work for you. First, you have to find the right credit card. There are many rewards cards out there you just have to find the one that is best for YOU. Rewards vary from cash, gift cards, gas, airline miles, if you can dream it you can probably reap it! Shop around and consider your needs before diving into that "perfect card". Make sure everything checks out- no annual fee, hidden fees, etc.

Charge it!- Never thought you'd hear me say that huh? A reward's card will only reap rewards if used!  I charge pretty much EVERYTHING! Mortgage, bills that allow it, GAS (remember I'm already saving on gas click here to learn how. I am actually saving even more than the $1 buy using my credit card) groceries- you get it, if I can charge it I will.  Remember, I am not spending MORE money, I am charging the things I already buy anyway and get rewarded for it.

Charge Safe!- Remember- pay it off monthly so you don't get stuck paying interest, charge ONLY what you can pay off that month! I actually pay my card off at the end of every week to be safe.

Enjoy!- A big pay out like this should be celebrated! You can use it to help get yourself out of debt or get your finances ahead. I use it to pay for Christmas (when most credit card debt is incurred) or like this year, it will help fund our family vacation. Whatever you choose take pride in knowing your credit card is working for YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment