Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm Back!

Ok, so this week I have been the world's worst blogger! I have had an extremely busy week, if you are friends with me on Facebook you have seen the tons of pictures I have posted. In anticipation for the events I had going on this weekend I became totally unsocial and crammed my weeks worth of work into 4 days. Also, I have been waiting for my great-nephew to be born and praying that he would not arrive when I had all of these other events planned! (I am pretty sure he will be arriving today!)

Friday: I am a member of the Grace Walk Community Church  worship team. For all of you thinking "when did that happen- I didn't know she sang"  I actually started singing when I was about 5 years old! Born to a mariachi (this will probably be the first and last time you hear me speak of my father) I was introduced to music very early on. In life, there are not many things we are certain of- this but this is one thing that I know I was called to do. From very early on I had a love of music. Music is my outlet, my passion- I love to praise! My kids will tell you in our home we sing to and about everything! They have learned almost EVERYTHING in song form- luckily they love it as much as I do so it doesn't drive them nuts! Anyways, our team was invited to open for the post- Sun's game Faith and Family Night Concert at US Airways it was an amazing honor. This is one of the most talented group of people I have ever had the honor to serve with I am an constantly humbled to be part of such an amazing team!


Pre-Game Meeting


Right Before Performance


Saturday: To be totally honest- I was more excited about Saturday than I was Friday. With not much sleep from the day before, I woke up early and excited. Our church was holding our annual event for Arizona's foster children at Encanto Park.  This event was amazing! The children walked in to the park and were greeted by Grace Walk's happiest faces! (I was in charge of this team so I had to throw that in!) After signing in they were given a red wrist band that gave them access to unlimited rides all at no charge to their families. We had tons of food (provided by Macayos and Nathan's hot dogs), snow cones from Jacob's Well, a zip line, game bus, inflatables, water slide,  table games, rock wall, giant hamster balls, a petting zoo, face painting, live music, and they had access to all of the rides at Enchanted Island at Encanto Park. In attendance were, the Phoenix Sun's Gorilla, some of the ASU football players, GCU, Councilman Michael Nowakowski, Phoenix Fire and Police Departments, and the ARMY- I know there were so many other business and people involved but I can't remember everyone- I'm sorry! I wish I could show  you the looks on the faces of those children (for security reasons we could not take any pictures of the children) they had so much joy! As I walked around taking pictures I was so proud of all that my church had done, those kids had a wonderful day!

Ready for Duty with some of my greeters!

A Sea of red Grace Walk's Awesome Volunteers!

My "Sticker Patrol"

Families were blessed with clothing by
 Clothes for Keeps
One of many inflatables



I arrived home utterly exhausted! I still feel somewhat "fried" but it was worth it! That has been my weekend so far- today I am waiting for my great-nephew to arrive. I know my sister would have been on pins and needles waiting to see her first grandson! Hurry up Elias- the world is ready to meet you! :)


P.S. First give-away winner was Jessica Juice! Congrats Jessica- hope you enjoy your new Kate Spade IPhone Case!

No comments:

Post a Comment