Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Love Dare Part 4

A continuation of the Love Dare!  I was way behind so instead of my normal 5 day update here are the last 10!

Day 16 Love Intercedes- begin praying today for your spouse's heart. Pray for three specific areas where you would desire God to work in your spouse's life and your marriage.

Dear Lord, I pray that you would bless my husband beyond measure. I pray that you would keep him safe always, and I pray that you would make him Finally start the Love Dare with me! Amen! :)


Day 17 Love promotes intimacy- Determine to guard your mate's secrets and to pray for them.

Well, if he has any secrets- the book says I can't tell you! Just so you know- he is fine with the fact that I "exploit" him on here because he proof reads the blog for me. 



Day 18 Love seeks to understand- Prepare a special dinner at home, just for the 2 of you.  Focus on getting to know your spouse better, perhaps in areas you've rarely talked about.

Did you read my "About Me" tab?! With so many people in my home this is pretty much impossible! So, Kiohud I owe you!!! I will take you out- I promise!


Day 19  Love is impossible- Look back over the dares from previous days. Were there some that seemed impossible to you?

Ummm.... Well only yesterday's dare!!! If you've ever been to my home, you know that really was impossible! 


Day 20 Love is Jesus Christ- Dare to take God at His word.  Dare to trust Jesus for your salvation.

Well, as long as I have been saved I have learned- it never hurts to say that sinner's prayer again! 


Day 21- Love is satisfied in God- Be intentional today about making time to read your Bible.

Do it! This is looking like a pretty easy week! 


Day 22- Love is faithful- Love is not a choice, it is a feeling. It is a initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Chose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today " I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don't love me in return.".

Well, I have to tell you this is a really awkward talk to have when there are no problems! I did it anyways- I went into the mancave walked up to him and said " Kiohud, I love you even if you don't love me in return! " and walked out. He probably thought I was having a "girl" moment- do you get it now???


Day 23 Love always Protects- remove anything that is hindering your relationship, any addictions or influence that's stealing your affections and turning your heart away from your spouse.

Addictions? That would have to be either working or the Internet in general- we both have that! I really don't see these to "hinder" our relationship but I could probably stop sleeping with my iPad!!!! 


Day 24 Love vs. Lust, end it now. Identify every object of lust in your life and remove it. Single out every lie you've swallowed in pursuing and forbidden pleasure and reject it. Lust cannot be allowed to live in a back bedroom. It must be killed and destroyed- today- and replaced with the sure promises of God and a heart filled with his perfect love.

confession time... I have a stalker, not anyone I would lust after but nonetheless a stalker.  Stalker, ( that's what I call him since I don't remember his name) has given me a very creepy letter and randomly finds me- last time I saw him  he said oh, I've been hoping I would run into you since I got you a gift... CREEPY!!!! Kiohud knows about him but I had not told  about the gift comment because stalker looks to be not all there mentally and I don't want to hurt his feelings. So I had to tell him- and then beg him not hurt the guy or say anything mean to him. One of the hardest love dares yet!!


Day 25 Love forgives- Whatever you haven't forgiven in your mate, forgive it today. Let it go.

 In all honesty I don't think I am holding on to any grudges... But I will say this with all of you as my witnesses- Kiohud, if I ever bring up anything from the past remind me that I owe you this dare.


Some of you have asked me does the Love Dare work???  I have to tell you that it's sad to say in 10 years I have not spent this many days in a row focused on my marriage. For me at least, life gets in the way and it is easy to get comfortable. I came to the realization awhile back that you could have good or you could have great, you could have great or you can have incredible- you can always strive for better no matter what you do. That is what I want for my marriage- I wish to never be complacent but to always be the best wife that I can be (that is what Kiohud deserves). While this book does not hold all of the "keys" it does make me focus on being a better wife, so for me I have to say yes it works! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment