Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair By Ellie!

ES Urban Hair Salon- Hair by Ellie http://esurbanhair.com/

I will start this blog by letting you know that I am not allowed to cut my hair- it is not that I chose not to cut my hair- I'm not allowed. For any feminist that are out there cringing, in our marriage we have certain "rules" for example; he doesn't leave the toilet seat up, I don't cut my hair- everybody wins!

My friend Ellie started working at ES Urban Hair on 16th St. and Indian School a few months ago and has been trying to build her clientele so I decided to stop in for a trim. Before I went I told my niece Erica where I was headed only to find out that I was not "cool enough" to be there. "I'll warn you now Sophia- the walls are black and have spray paint all over them- I can't picture you there. You may walk out with a mohawk!" I told her I totally trusted Ellie so I really didn't care where I was headed I was going to help my buddy out.

Walking up to this salon, I already had this impression in my head of what it was "supposed" to look like. I have to tell you I  was pleasantly surprised! Located between a Goodwill and a bakery tucked into this tiny corner, was the cutest salon I've seen! Somewhere between the last time Erica had been there and now the place has been totally remodeled.  With different  wall paper in every room, art hanging everywhere, and 70's inspired lamps throughout there was so much to look at!











Ellie gave me a little tour and then got to work! I have to tell you that I usually trim my own hair because I have had too many occasions where my trim turned into a "cut". Ellie did exactly as I asked straightened out my "not so handy" work, and gave me a few more layers. I also have to add that she gave me a conditioning treatment that I am still loving a few days later- my hair has been sleek ever since. End result= I LOVED it! I am loving these layers so much that I may actually start getting my hair done here on a regular basis!






p.s. I have to add if you love cats you will love the "salon cat", if on the other hand like me you are TOTALLY allergic take some Benedryl before you go you will thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment