Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Story of Us

In honor of Valentine's Day...

Where Kiohud and I met actually differs depending on which one of us you are asking: I say- Kiohud and I met in high school 3rd period both student teachers to my choir (his band) teacher Mr. Hawkins. Kiohud says we met Sophomore year in Mrs. DiGangi's chemistry class but I ignored him... :(  Anyways, we didn't actually talk until senior year. We didn't exactly hit it off- we both agree on this part! I thought he was a nerd (he was), he thought I was stuck up (I was). Spending a lot of time on the same tasks we ended up becoming really close friends. We had a lot in common- we shared a love for God, and a love for music. Somewhere along the way I started to like him. We had a mutual friend who I would ask about him and found out Kiohud had other people he was interested in. Well, being a girl and all (I always say girls are way more manipulative) I made it my mission to make it look like he was "taken" until every girl that he liked hated him. (If you were one of those girls- I'm Sorry!) When prom came he had no one to ask but me so of course, I said no. I don't know why, I was a jerk. I really thought this plan was going to backfire but then as I had hoped he asked again. This time I said yes!



A very young "us" Kiohud and I on our first date.



Kiohud and I dated for a little over a year a year and married June 16. 2001. Being married at such a young age is not easy. We both were just growing up and being married and not long after having a baby (The Reason we had to get married) was a really hard way to do things. When young people tell me "well, you guys did it and you are so happy" I always tell them we did things the really hard way! So kids if you are reading- go to school, accomplish some of your goals, marriage, and then when you know each other- baby! We survived only because of A: God- He was and still is a big part of who we are and B: I heard a preaching once that said that the word "divorce" should be excluded from your vocabulary once you are married. That may have been one of the best things anyone has ever told me. Whenever we would have disagreements we never went there. To be honest, the storming process (our first 2 years) was so difficult, that I blanked out so many initial memories. It's not that way for everyone, but for us this was the period of time where our marriage became strengthened. If you are going through this, I would encourage you to stick it out- there is something great on the other side.


Kiohud and I grew up together. We both worked hard to form our family. School, work, family- we juggled it all for awhile. We became a team, learned to work together, realized our strengths and weaknesses and always put God first in our marriage and HE honored that.

Today we have a beautiful family and a marriage that I believe is one of the best. We don't always agree on things but we have learned to work through everything together. I always say that we were not initially the perfect puzzle piece but God squished us together and made us fit. We took the really hard road, but we appreciate each other because of it.

I couldn't have asked for a better husband and friend. Thank you Kiohud for taking this journey with me. I am a very blessed girl to have you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment