Sunday, February 26, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

If there is anything in my life that is always a work in progress it would have to be patience... As a workaholic, mother (of small children), firefighter wife, and aunt to a teenager- well, saying my life has to be flexible in a huge understatement. I have had to learn that life doesn't revolve around me- actually, I am usually running to keep up!

This was one of those weeks where I had to practice extra patience. A few of my extra stresses this week were that-

A: This week Kiohud was home about a day and a half and was at work the entire rest of the week. We love the extra pay and Kiohud doesn't always get offered overtime so when he does he usually jumps at the chance. This however adds a little more work to our schedules. Now, I am pretty independent as far as wives go and I can run this home pretty well but it is really nice to have help!

B: Also, this week my carpool buddy decided to go totally nuts! Honestly, I could write a whole blog on my carpool buddy but it wouldn't be very nice so I will just tell you she is bi-polar and we can leave it at that. This week she decided to go a little overboard and almost called the police because the school couldn't find her child- only problem she was right where she was supposed to be with Kiohud on her way home. Apparently my carpool buddy forgot to inform both me and the school that she was doing her own pick up that day and didn't need to carpool! So after that very awkward conversation I had to inform her that the carpool was no longer going to work for me. Sad thing is I really missed her picking up Emily half the week even if she is a little out there...

 This morning Jacob who never wets the bed woke up soaked. I asked him "Jacob did you pee in the bed?" He looks at me with his big brown eyes as serious as can be and replies "No mom, I was in a boat and I got all wet!" As I was changing him I realized that schedules will conflict, deadlines will be missed, kids will get sick, carpool people will go nuts, and life will happen (and it's always unpredictable). I have learned that I can either stress my self out when things come my way or learn to live around them and sometimes- I just have to laugh! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment